Friday, September 23, 2011

From Nature Photography To Sports Photography


This previous weekend I decided to try something new and that was sports photography which is definitely a whole other beast when you get down to the nitty gritty of it. I went out to the location several days before it happened to figure out where I needed to be during certain stages of the event to set myself up and be ready to see what unfolds before me. I really enjoyed doing sports photography and will definitely look for more opportunities to do more of it. It was very interesting to see how everything transitioned from one to the other like swimming to biking and then running. I started out on the beach watching the swimmers as they came in, moved after a few to the transition area, and then to the finish line to capture the first one to finish which wasn't that easy. 

One of the contestants that caught my eye was an older gentleman who was busy in the transition area putting on his helmet. You also had people as they were running up to the transition area drinking water and relaxing for just a few seconds before going for the bicycle portion of the race. It was sorta like watching ants on an ant hill. There were people running everywhere and all doing different things. I would say the two most difficult things I experienced on this journey was dealing with the shadows mixed in with sunlight and capturing the first one to finish since he had started to go around the track again and then doubled back to go across the finish line. All in all it was a great day of photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wildlife Photography By James Hamilton is not responsible for the validity of any comment posted at this site and has the right to remove any comment at any time.