Thursday, October 27, 2011

Inhabitants Of Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary

This weekend I decided to go take a peak at the Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary boardwalk and see how things looked since the last time I was there was during a draught. I noticed quite a bit of water in the area walking back to my favorite spot and the lake known as Lettuce Lake was quite full. The only downside from having as much water as there was is that the wading birds don't have anywhere to stand as the water is to high for them. I saw some other cool reptiles and amphibians there this time though. Never fails but I always seem to find frogs everywhere I go. In this case there were quite a few of these Green Tree Frogs that seemed quite young around in Lettuce Lake. 


The other creature I came across was two baby Alligators. Never did see the mother but I was quite sure she was somewhere close. With the plants on the surface, other stuff in the water these baby Alligators blended in quite well and were quite easy to just walk on by without seeing them. The baby Green Tree Frogs were the same way except once you saw one your eyes kind of adjusted and then all of the sudden your like whoa theres a lot of baby Green Tree Frogs here. There were also quite a few Green Anoles out there which I have honestly never seen that many before. Usually the the lizards you see are the Brown Anoles which are an invasive species to this area. To see more of my nature photography click on any photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wildlife Photography By James Hamilton is not responsible for the validity of any comment posted at this site and has the right to remove any comment at any time.