Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Out Back Photography

Ibis Doing A Balancing Act
This week I decided to talk about some photos I took from our backyard or a neighbors back yard. Here in Florida we have a pond out back that birds like to frequent and also the area in general that we live in during the wet season remains quite wet. Just the other day we had a Anhinga taking a dip in our swimming pool and drying its feathers off at the side in the hot sun. In the past I have also seen animals like turtles and wild pigs. Even if you don't live in a area that wildlife frequents, if you look hard you might be amazed at what you might find. 

Chipmunk Caught Red Handed Taking Food From Bird Feeder











Turtle Rescued And Released Out Back
















Water Splashing Upwards From Impact Of Water Droplet







I know just taking a walk out back from where I work I find subjects to photograph that interest me. Not always wildlife though. One day walked out back while it was raining and sat down on a bench near this puddle and watched the rain drip off the roof hitting the water hard enough to splash upward a little. So I laid down on the ground in work clothes to take this photo of the water splash. In my opinion it looks even cooler looking at the water in the photo seeing that second where it hits and the water goes upward. To see other photographs I have taken click on any of the photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wildlife Photography By James Hamilton is not responsible for the validity of any comment posted at this site and has the right to remove any comment at any time.